The first class of Leadership Rockland graduated in 1991 and over 700 participants have graduated from the program since its inception.
Lizanne Fiorentino, Owner/Consultant, Ignite the Flame is the current Chair of the program. Previous chairs of the program:
- Vivian England, Legislative and Constituent Liaison to the Chair of the Rockland County Legislature, served as Chair from 2018 to 2021.
- Dan Weisberg, Administrative Lieutenant (Retired) of the Clarkstown Police Department, served as Chair from 2015 to 2018.
- Jan Degenshein, Principal at Degenshein Architects, served as Chair from 2012 to 2015.
- Dorothy Filoramo, Vice President, Institutional Advancement at Domincan College served as Chair from 2009 to 2012.
- Roberta Zampolin, Retired Superintendent Nyack Public Schools, served as Chair from 2006-2009.
- Frank Borelli, Jr., Principal with the Ducey Insurance Agency, served as Chair from 2003-2006.
- Bill Madden, President of Madden Communications & Marketing, LLP served as Chair from 2000-2003.
- Dohn Harshbarger, Retired Vice President of Student Development at Dominican College, served as Chair from 1996-2000.
- Dr. L. John Durney III, Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs at St. Thomas Aquinas College and also a founder of Leadership Rockland, served as Chair from 1994-96.
- Mark Rothenberg, former Vice-President with United Water New York and Chapter Chair for Rockland SCORE, served as Chair from 1992-94.
- C. Scott Vanderhoef, Rockland County’s Chief Executive and a founder of the Leadership Rockland program, served as Chair from 1990-92.