The first class of Leadership Rockland graduated in 1991 and nearly 700 participants have graduated from the program since its inception.
Dan Weisberg, Administrative Lieutenant (Retired) of the Clarkstown Police Department is the current Chair of the program. Previous chairs of the program:
- Jan Degenshein, the Principal at Degenshein Architects, served as Chair from 2012 to 2015.
- Dorothy Filoramo, Vice President, Institutional Advancement at Domincan College served as Chair from 2009 to 2012.
- Roberta Zampolin, Retired Superintendent Nyack Public Schools, served as Chair from 2006-2009.
- Frank Borelli, Jr., a Principal with the Ducey Insurance Agency, served as Chair from 2003-2006.
- Bill Madden, President of Madden Communications & Marketing, LLP served as Chair from 2000-2003.
- Dohn Harshbarger, Retired Vice President of Student Development at Dominican College, served as Chair from 1996-2000.
- Dr. L. John Durney III, Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs at St. Thomas Aquinas College and also a founder of Leadership Rockland, served as Chair from 1994-96.
- Mark Rothenberg, former Vice-President with United Water New York and Chapter Chair for Rockland SCORE, served as Chair from 1992-94.
- C. Scott Vanderhoef, Rockland County’s Chief Executive and a founder of the Leadership Rockland program, served as Chair from 1990-92.